Advice on Windows in Denver

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
toddinmn

Re: Advice on Windows in Denver

#16 Post by toddinmn »

If one was to look around and compare test sizes I think you would be hard pressed to find 2 that have the same size. It still has very low DP rating regardless of test size. The Soft-Lite Classic is not there bottom line(IMO) and has not needed modern updates to be relevant. In this comparison the Classic is on par with the Sunrise with a much better DP rating to boot. It may be an older design but so is the Sunrise.

HomeSealed

#17 Post by HomeSealed »

toddinmn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:47 am If one was to look around and compare test sizes I think you would be hard pressed to find 2 that have the same size. It still has very low DP rating regardless of test size. The Soft-Lite Classic is not there bottom line(IMO) and has not needed modern updates to be relevant. In this comparison the Classic is on par with the Sunrise with a much better DP rating to boot. It may be an older design but so is the Sunrise.
Not sure what you are alluding to regarding the sizes Todd. There are different gateway sizes for different tests, however a unit must meet that size (of the given testing) to be certified. If not, it's just one of these "alternate" sizes that manufacturers use to make their ratings seem better.

Whether or not the Classic is A bottom model or THE bottom model from Softlite is a matter of semantics. Clearly SL themselves have a lower opinion of the product than you do Todd, otherwise why spend millions creating new lines?

toddinmn

#18 Post by toddinmn »

HomeSealed wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm [quote=toddinmn post_id=49836 time=<a href="tel:1709272069">1709272069</a> user_id=4131]
If one was to look around and compare test sizes I think you would be hard pressed to find 2 that have the same size. It still has very low DP rating regardless of test size. The Soft-Lite Classic is not there bottom line(IMO) and has not needed modern updates to be relevant. In this comparison the Classic is on par with the Sunrise with a much better DP rating to boot. It may be an older design but so is the Sunrise.
Not sure what you are alluding to regarding the sizes Todd. There are different gateway sizes for different tests, however a unit must meet that size (of the given testing) to be certified. If not, it's just one of these "alternate" sizes that manufacturers use to make their ratings seem better.

Whether or not the Classic is A bottom model or THE bottom model from Softlite is a matter of semantics. Clearly SL themselves have a lower opinion of the product than you do Todd, otherwise why spend millions creating new lines?
[/quote]
My point was there appears to be no set standard for the test size and different sizes can have different
HomeSealed wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:36 pm [quote=toddinmn post_id=49836 time=<a href="tel:1709272069">1709272069</a> user_id=4131]

[/quote]
What is the gateway size for the air test?
It is fairly common for companies to upgrade there products. This does not mean they it is obsolete or does perform well against other competition like it does in this case.

HomeSealed

#19 Post by HomeSealed »

toddinmn wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:38 pm
What is the gateway size for the air test?

It is fairly common for companies to upgrade there products. This does not mean they it is obsolete or does perform well against other competition like it does in this case.
Size depends on which test/certification.

I agree about upgrades not meaning a product is outdated, however as I explained above, spending millions of dollars to engineer and produce a product to replace would seem to indicate that IMO.