Need advice in Hawaii - looking for Milguard

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
tommytnt

#1 Post by tommytnt »

Aloha,

I am in the process of helping a client replace several Milguard windows in his 2 year-old luxury residence in East Honolulu.

He has 3 windows (out of 60 or so) in his home that are failing - two of them have cracks on the inside pane (dual pane Milguard IG units, with white vinyl frames) and the third one has a crack on the exterior pane.

We've had several local glass contractors go up there and look at the job, but none of them use Milguard and said that we are better off using Milguard again. No one here that we checked with knows how to get Milguard panes . ..

We installed Vista Window film on the entire home about 5 months ago and we are trying to assist the owner with a source to change out these panes but have run into several dead-ends - can anyone point us in the right direction??

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Mahalo,

Tommy Silva, President - T&T Tinting - Hawaii
www.tnttinting.com tommy@tnttinting.com

kris

#2 Post by kris »

you'll want to verify this but i'm pretty sure milgard will not honor their warrenty if you've applied any type of solar tint or film to their window. i'd try milgard's website to see if they can point you to a local dealer.

hanaventure

#3 Post by hanaventure »

You can special order Milgard products at Lowes. Provide specifications of what you need, call the windows department, and they'll get you a quote within 48 hours.

There are many other Milgard dealers, including
  • - Skylights of Hawaii 847-2244
  • - Honsador Lumber 682-2011
  • - Island Home Showroom 845-1122
Unfortunately, Milgard's lifetime warranty does not apply to Hawaii![/list]