milgard styleline vs. milgard classic

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
barnett

milgard styleline vs. milgard classic

#1 Post by barnett »

Okay, I'm confused. I THINK the window dealer that I've been talking with said that the styleline windows were the premium windows from Milgard and the classic series was the sort of medium-grade. But after doing some research on this site, it sounds the opposite. I may have misunderstood him. Can someone set me straight on this?

How much of a price difference should I see between the two types?

Thank you!

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

The classic is the higher end windows with 1" overall glass and even sight lines. The frame is also wider and has a thicker extrusion.

The style line is your average track windows.

barnett

#3 Post by barnett »

Thanks so much! That's what I thought.

Just one more question... What are sight lines?

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

When double hung windows are made, they have two operating sashes. If you look at the left and right jambs of the window, the sashes line up evenly. This is an equal or even sight line. The vinyl or wood is equal on both parts of the window.

Look a the style line and you will see that the single hung and the slider window had two different sized pieces of the glass. The non operating piece is larger that the sash or operator. This make the frame of the sash not line up with the frame of the non operating section of the window. So, when you look at it, they are not even. It is more noticable from the interior of the window than the extertior.

Windows(Southern CA)

#5 Post by Windows(Southern CA) »

Plan and simple the styleline series is not that good at all. Go with the classic for sure.

kris

#6 Post by kris »

What makes the classic a better window then the styleline?

JScott

#7 Post by JScott »

There are 3 basic Milgard vinyl models, listed in lowest to highest quality-
1. Styleline- has thinner frame, 2-7/8 inches wide. 2. Classic- has standard 3-1/4 frame, heavier vinyl thickness also increases DP ratings and 3. Classic II, which has the best overall performance ratings, currently only available in white.
Styleline- single hung and single hung tilt available, Classic single or double hung tilt, Classic II double hung tilt
List price SH/DH, white 3060, LowE std, no other options
Styleline(6210): $471
Styleline tilt(6217): 471
Classic single hung(5220): 533
Classic double hung tilt(5245): 701
Classic II(4285): 561
All the specs can be obtained off their web page. After a year of service issues we have switched to Gorell. Goodluck.