2 Questions about Schuco

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Mark

2 Questions about Schuco

#1 Post by Mark »

From the Schuco-USA website I had requested that they send me a copy of their product literature. I just got a brochure and a copy of the warranty in the mail from them. So I ought to have the most recent up-to-date info available. And now I have 2 questions.

1) In the brochure it says "Schuco USA is honored that you are considering our diverse product line of innovative systems for your upcoming home improvement project. For more than 50 years, Schuco has manufactured beautiful, energy efficient vinyl windows and patio doors for homeowners across the country." To me, that says that Schuco has been manufacturing in the USA for more than 50 years. But I thought from reading this website that they have only been here in the USA since the 1990s. Has the brochure just been translated from German and they have that quote wrong? Or has Schuco, somehow, been here for more than 50 years? Or am I reading it all wrong?

2) In the warranty it says that a defective insulated glass unit will be replaced free in years 1 -20, and at 80% payment for years 21 - 30, and at 90% payment for years 31+. I had been reading on this website that it was a full warranty and that there was no proration. What's the deal? They're not sending out old literature to prospective customers are they?

Thank you.

jack7447

schuco

#2 Post by jack7447 »

Schuco has been making windows in US from the late 90s . I think 98-99..

FenEx

#3 Post by FenEx »

Perhaps they had alot of pre-printed copies of the old warranty and didn't want to waste paper??? That's good for the ecology... those guys think of everything!!! Ok... sorry... just havin' a little fun.