Pella ProLine or Sunrise?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Jbrookba

Pella ProLine or Sunrise?

#1 Post by Jbrookba »

I have received a quote for Pella ProLines. Like the wood interior and look, however, worried about the outside rotting. After reading reviews I am more concerned. The corners have no sealant. I assume moisture can get under and rot. My neighbor just got a quote for Sunrise vinyls and seems to really like them. I am getting a quote tomorrow from Sunrise. Any advice or suggestions? Don't know much about Sunrise windows.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Pella ProLine or Sunrise?

#2 Post by masterext »

I can tell you that Sunrise is a much better window especially if its the vanguard or restorations series.

Jbrookba

#3 Post by Jbrookba »

Thank you. I will see what they quote. Do you agree with Pella. Proline rot concerns?

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I think you are probably leaning the right direction.

Wood windows are obviously going to have lesser term warranties on them as compared to an inorganic substrate (vinyl or fiberglass).

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with the Sunrise. Keep us posted.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

+1. While I'd first suggest that you choose your preferred material and then make apples to apples comparisons accordingly, the Sunrise is just the better choice here. Your rot concerns are not unfounded. I've been shocked by some of the things that Ive seen on windows that were no more than a few years old. I have one such item in warranty process right now, we'll see how it is handled.

Jbrookba

#6 Post by Jbrookba »

Thank you. Your feedback is very helpful. Do you represent the Pella line?

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

i have sold/installed the line in the past.

TheWindowNerd

#8 Post by TheWindowNerd »

I have installed Pella windows for the past 30 years. I have done all the training they offer.
I love wood windows, just wished they did not rot and that they had better performance test results.
The Sunrise windows will be superior in all regards.
As I keep saying if one of the big three wood window mfg would step up to the plate and put the money where the mouth is and up the warranty to 20 years on the frames and sash, then I could believe that they took care of one issue.

theWindowNerd...

HomeSealed

#9 Post by HomeSealed »

anthony wrote: I love wood windows, just wished they did not rot and that they had better performance test results.

theWindowNerd...
I agree 100%