Confused on Replacement Windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
ocean7

Confused on Replacement Windows

#1 Post by ocean7 »

Thanks for the great site resource! We live in Western, Pa and are looking to buy 16 double hung replacement windows for our late 50's ranch home that has Anderson single pane windows with storm windows. This isn't for energy savings as we have low gas bills with high efficiency furnace. its an issue of the glazing failing, and difficulty cleaning the windows. We looked at Anderson Woodright $17,188 Quantum2 $18,691, and having the old windows reglazed and painted $4,800. I see the reviews on Sunrise Restoration windows as being excellent, what would the approx. $ cost for 16 double hung? We like the self cleaning glass idea, Low E to prevent fading of floors and furniture and also want the quietest window as we are on a well traveled road. What would be your top quality window manufacturer recommendations ? Thank You

Windows on Washington

Re: Confused on Replacement Windows

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sunrise Restoration, Okna EnviroStar, and HomeGuard Innovations are all great.

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

I would add the Sunrise Vanguard to the list in case your local Restorations dealer doesn't work out.

whizzer13

#4 Post by whizzer13 »

My wife and I just had some Okna Insul-Tec windows installed this past week along with a patio door. I live in central PA, Altoona area and we absolutely love the windows. I would recommend you check out the Okna line and I would be more then happy to recommend the company we used if you are within a 60-70 mile radius. Very professional and they went the extra step the whole way.

We also had windows redone last year and used a different company and I would not recommend them after seeing the difference in craftsmanship and quality. Also the attention to details were lacking with the other company.

Let me know and I can shoot you a PM with more information.

ocean7

#5 Post by ocean7 »

Thanks, I contacted a Restoration dealer in business for over 41 years, only sells this window to homeowners. He is working to bring us a proposal for 16 double hung windows. I told him the Quantum2 pricing was outrageous and we decided to stay away from Anderson Woodright. The more I study your board the more I'm learning. Sunrise seems to be the best choice for us. I will look into Vanguard if it doesn't work out.

We are in Greensburg Whizzer, so we are in the radius, I would appreciate checking out your installer as well, let me know how to get in touch, Thanks!

whizzer13

#6 Post by whizzer13 »

Ocean7, I don't see a way to PM you the information can you shoot me an email and I will send you the information.