New Simonton

Share your experiences with others
rmleer

New Simonton

#1 Post by rmleer »

I was going to wait untill I knew 100% if my new window was a 9800 (laminated inside pane like I ordered) or a 5500.

EDIT: (It is the 9800)

Regardless of not yet knowing but thinking it is probably a 5500, it is without a doubt to me, a superior window to my old Alside.

I don't know if it was because the Excaliburs were so much thinner than these, or if it was because Window World Of Tulsa used no insulation other than the foam wrap.
I also rejected the low-e/Argon options for those windows.
Not a good idea but in my case it did end up saving me money since I have to replace the inferior things...
I'll guess it's a combo of both.
It's funny that a Co. like Garbage World has a website stating the importance of proper installation and insulation of a window, yet someone like me hires them out of ignorance and recieves nothing but a half a$$ window and even less of an install.
Talk about giving a supplier a bad name...
http://www.windowworldinc.com/home/installation

Anyway, for my new Simonton window, my REAL window installer used low expanding foam like I asked and spent 4 hrs on this one large window.
He had alot of old caulk to clean up and took his time to get things right.

My only complaints are that the wrong sticker was put on this window and there is some leakage at the airlocks.
I'm assuming that this can easily be fixed and that if I indeed did get the wrong window, there will be no problems with a replacement.

If you're reading this and debating on using a Window World type place, my advice is to get it in writing that they will insulate and do whatever else it is you want done.
Sadly, you'll also want to watch them to make sure they do it.

I'd like to thank everyone here for the great info you provide and for spending YOUR time to help people like me out.
It's much appreciated.