Help choosing windows. Have appointment at 4:30pm today!!

Share your experiences with others
mihzyd777

Help choosing windows. Have appointment at 4:30pm today!!

#1 Post by mihzyd777 »

Ok. Talked to a local business owner who has been in the area for over 20 years. He carries 10 different brands of windows and mentioned that Marvin windows would be the top of the line best windows, but at the same time he mentioned that's NOT what we need.

After talking for about 45 minutes I set an appointment for today at 4:30pm. He has a small showroom that has all the windows he sells. We came to the conclusion that the CERTAINTEED Brand who is now owned by Plygem would be a 7-7.5 out of 10 type of window and would work well for my parents who are 65 and retired. He also mentioned that ending on Sunday was CERTAINTEED's free upgrade from Low E to the Solarban 70 windows. He mentioned how many dealers will take this free offer from the manufacture and keep it for themselves and charge customers regular so that they profit more. He doesn't do that.

So below are my window sizes and the price he gave me INSTALLED with TAX and everything for the CERTAINTEED Solarban 70 windows:

ALL BELOW WINDOWS SLIDE RIGHT TO LEFT and are aluminum windows from 1977 on a stucco siding house
47w x 35h - Garage window
71w x 35h - Garage window
47w x 35h - Kitchen
71.5w x 80.5h - Sliding glass door
35w x 23h - Bath 1
25w x 23h - Bath 2
119w x 59h - Front room
71w x 35w - Bed 1
71w x 35w - Bed 2
95w x 35h - Master Bed

Total 9 windows and 1 sliding glass door = $4530 installed with TAX!

So is this a good deal? Are these good windows? I spoke to the owner directly and he seems fair and respectful and knowledgable. He also mentioned he has a crew that has worked with him for a long long time. He does NOT use piece workers or fly by night type of guys to install.

So PLEASE HELP!! I need a answer soon!

Thanks - Mike