Anlin vs. Milgard vs. Cascade vs. Certainteed

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Shopper

Anlin vs. Milgard vs. Cascade vs. Certainteed

#1 Post by Shopper »

Hello,

I got quotes for vinyl windows from each of these 4 manufacturers. The prices are all competitive, pretty close to each other. I am having a hard time deciding which one to go with. This is for 20 replacement windows (most of them are sliders), and two patio sliding doors. I am located near Carson City, Nevada where it gets cold and snowy in winter, hot in summer. I want a good durable, long-lasting product that will give me the best energy efficiency for this varied climate.

Any input on any of these 4 manufacturers is very welcome and would be appreciated.

Thank you

kris

#2 Post by kris »

cascade should not be anywhere near the price of anlin or certainteed.
they are new constuction grade windows. milgard styleline or classic do not compare well with newer products in terms of construction and build quality: they seem to push they're warrenty more then the merits of their product. assuming you're looking at certainteed somerton? its a good step above milgard in construction; if its a certainteed Insulate it should be less then you're other bids. anlin has the strongest frames and best u factor/shgc ratings. if your price for anlin is comparable to the others i'd recommend them as long as the contractor/installer checks out.

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

Cascade is most likely the cheapest. I personally am not a Milgard hater. It is not a bad product for the price. The warranty is nice to have too. Every person will find good and bad with all the above manufacturers. The Certainteed will be built in West sacramento in a brand new plant, Milgard will come from a plant in Sacramento. What does that mean? If you need service in the middle of winter, who will come fix the windows. Make sure your service will be done by the local glass shop if you are looking at Anlin or Cascade. That way you know you will have quick response. Since you are up in Carson, I would recommend Fast Glass or Incline glass. Both are reputable installers.