Quotes: Soft-Lite Imperial/Imperial LS

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
bouda

Quotes: Soft-Lite Imperial/Imperial LS

#1 Post by bouda »

If anyone could share their opinions on these quotes I would appreciate it. We are looking at getting replacement windows ASAP as we have the original (1948) aluminum windows in a brick house we just purchased. Champion quotes us at $9,500. However, we also received several quotes from a window dealer in town who is very respected and has not put any pressure on us. This is are starter home, so we are not looking to put the top of the line window in, as we plan to be in it for 3-5 years, however we do want a quality product. I have read a lot of comments on the Imperial LS on this site and most people seem to agree that it is a good window and seems to fit our budget. Not much on the regular Imperials though (is the LS that much better and worth $25 more/window?) We have 18 windows that will be replaces with double hungs. Now this is a brick house and taking out the originals is going to cost us more then a non-brick house since they have to cut them out. Below is the quotes we received from the dealer and I wanted to see people's opinions on them and what you would do considering our needs. A lot of people seem to think the LS is far superior to the regular Imperial and I was looking for details as to why...We are located in Indiana. Thanks!

18 double hung

Imperial: $8150 $452 per window (w/$50 removal of each steel window, $25 each upper sash grid + 6% tax)

Imperial LS (base - no add ons): $8628 $480 per window (w/$50 removal of each steel window, $25 each upper sash grid + 6% tax)

Graef Insulator: $8150 (w/window for removal of steel windows, per upper sash grid + 6% tax) - Anyone heard of these? Haven't found much but the installer loves them. Claims the quality control he receives is a tad better then from Soft-Lite.

Gorell 5300: $7970 (w/window for removal of steel windows, per upper sash grid + 6% tax) - We don't like the metal spacers in Gorell and eitehr does the installer.