Replacement window choices

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
jsox

Replacement window choices

#1 Post by jsox »

I am looking to replace 7 double hungs and a picture window. . My top price I can pay is $6000 or $750 a window installed. Ive gotten several quotes and plan on getting a couple more.

First one was $7800 for Lindsay windows, a bit out of my budget $1000 a window.
2nd one was $4800 for Gorrell 5100s with triple plane and lowe argon installed. This turns out to be about $600 a window. Well within my budget. I like there warranty and the install company abc seamless has been in business a long time. Im thinking of trying to see if I can get into a 5300 with a double pane lower glass for my budget.

So my question is what other windows should I be looking at that compare to the gorrells and will come in at $750 per window installed? I know this is subjective based on my area which is Nebraska.
In my area there are reputable dealers which install simonton, gerkin and jeldwen and plygem. Which models of these should I be checking out that compare to the gorrells and will fit my budget.
Thanks in advance. I usually don't just drop $6000 so its good to have some help and get informed about my purchase