Pella or North Star

Share your experiences with others
tikkiggodd

Pella or North Star

#1 Post by tikkiggodd »

Hello~

I am looking to replace the old windows in our home, with vinyl windows. We have gotten quotes from two different companies, one with Pella windows the other with North Star. We live in Northwest Indiana, so it gets fairly cold in the winter. I'm just looking for some advice on which to go with. The Pella are more economical, by almost half as much. However, the North Star salesman did a good job with his pitch. This is our first house and we have no idea on things like this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Windows on Washington

Re: Pella or North Star

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Keep looking. You have several months to complete the transaction before Old Man Winter comes back to town. The Pella window is garbage and I am not familiar with North Star. Regardless, we always encourage customers to know all the details of the products they are considering and make educated decisions. You should keep reading on this board and familiarize yourself with all the technical data on windows and become your own best advocate in selecting the proper product.

We can certainly make recommendations as you broaden your search, however, you need to keep looking in the meantime. 2 selections for a purchase of this magnitude is not nearly enough.

pondscum

Re: Pella or North Star

#3 Post by pondscum »

Pella sells a low-end vinyl window because it gives them an entry into the budget market while trading off their well-known brand name, but it is definitely a poor-quality product. Likewise with Andersen and their Silverline vinyl windows. Other product lines sold by these companies are not necessarily junk, but you can do better with vinyl windows from other manufacturers.

Take some time to look around this web site... you'll see a handful of window brands recommended over and over.