Window Reneger

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
cookkev3

Window Reneger

#1 Post by cookkev3 »

Does anyone have any experience/opinions with WeatherVane windows? I just purchased a new home near Seattle, WA. My builder reneged and installed WeatherVane instead of CertainTeed - although they are still vinyl and LoE. Any information will be helpful.

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

I have never heard of them but i have heard of Certainteed. Now i would look to see if there is a loop allowing the dealer to reneg since you and me suspect Weathervane is an inferior window.

E-z :roll:
E-z
E-z Windows

retro

#3 Post by retro »

This company was started by a group of Milgard execs who wanted to do more inovative window designs.

They do cutting edge work that large corporate manufacturers like Milgard and Certainteed choose not to venture into.

Applied grids to vinyl windows is one currrent focus as more and more customers want to upgrade the look of their plastic looking vinyl windows. This application is very labor intensive and cannot be mass produced like the internal grids can on todays mass produced vinyl windows.

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

Retro,

Just FYI, Jeld-Wen has a line fo vinyl windows with SDL bars on the inside and outside of the IG. Trust me, it is mass produced. It is more labor intensive, but 3M supplies products to window manufactures to do this. Milgard also has a SDL windows. Their applied wood window offers it and I believe the fiberglass window line does as well.

cookkev3,

One thing, WeatherVane windows is an LLC, not a corporation. (Limited Liablity Corporation). Why did they file for and LLC when setting up the company? Does make me wonder. I know they are a small company that is trying to make a go of it. They primariy service the western State of Washington and ORegon. I do not think they are anywhere else.

If it was my house, I would be mad and insist they put the Certainteed in the house. I know they will be around forever and a day. They are owned by one of the largest corporations in the World and make a good product with a good warranty.