It is all pretty overwhelming

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JimRC

It is all pretty overwhelming

#1 Post by JimRC »

There are so many brands, so many claims... Which ones can you believe? Which ones are the best for the money? I am replacing crestline casement aluminum clad dual pane, low e wooden windows, with stained wood on the inside, built in 1994. I thought they were pretty good windows - but are not as good as I thought. Consumer report rates a few best buys - one is the Pella Fiberglass, and an Anderson window, . I want a window that does not have wood, to rot, in the frame area. I am not that impressed by aluminum clad, it can let water behind the aluminum and rot there. I want good specs... Can a double pane glass perform as well as a triple pane? I am looking in the $1k range, depending on what I can get. I think I like the composite frame ideas... over wood or Vinyl .. What is the best for the money? Oh yeah, I would think that if Pella, Anderson, and Mavin were all that great, why don't they offer a lifetime warranty - they sure charge enough to warrrant it... It would tick me off if they came out with it a year from now, after I purchased them... Had that experience with Kohler warranties...

Are the Rolox windows any good? I can't find any independent ratings on them...
Any insight would be appreciated.