Superior Ultima vs Milgard Tuscany vs Simonton Impressions

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
arplayer2k

Superior Ultima vs Milgard Tuscany vs Simonton Impressions

#1 Post by arplayer2k »

Hi,

I am in the process of finalizing the windows for a remodel for my home in Southern California. After viewing the Simonton Impressions 7300, 7500, Milgard Tuscany, Superior Deluxe, and Ultima, I am pretty sure I want to order the Superior Windows Ultima. However, any input from owners, users, and installers is much appreciated. The total number of windows I will be ordering is upwards of 30, but for the addition that I am currently in the middle of, I will need to place an order in the next few days. Due to the Simonton having a 1 3/8" setback, I will most likely not be considering them. Additionally I heard a few different people talking about their build quality going down since their acquisition.

If there are better windows for the same price range, I would be willing to hear about them as well. I am looking for the best combination of energy efficiency, quality, and price.

The pricing came in as follows for 6 windows (2 sliders, 2 single hung, and 2 casement) and 2 doors (one sliding and one single french). All of the windows will be single tempered as per our city code:

Simonton 7300 - $4050.94 -- Intercept spacer, Low E 366 + Argon $200 more for the super spacer
Simonton 7500 - $4225.60 -- Intercept spacer, Low E 366 + Argon $200 more for the super spacer
Superior Ultima - $4788.32 - Clear LowE 366 + Argon
Milgard Tuscany - $4932.28 -- Sun Coat Max

Thank you in advance!