Help in Philly

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
keir70

Help in Philly

#1 Post by keir70 »

Could someone recommend a Schuco and Simonton dealer/distributor in the Philly area?? I am in the process of buying 30 replacement windows and have narrowed the search to Schuco, Simonton, Gorell, Certainteed, and Champion - with Champion being the last option. Also, I am trying to find a direct Simonton dealer versus the Home Depot @home services rep.

Thanks for any assistance.

K1

Mass. window guy

#2 Post by Mass. window guy »

I am not sure of contractors in your area.
I would suggest going to the websites of the manufacturers you are interested in. They are always willing to give names of companies that sell their products. "Fenex" on this website seems to know the Shuco dealers all over the U.S. I am sure he will see your post and help you out.
Champion is overpriced for what they offer- you can do better. Certainteed is middle of the road- they seem to be losing alot of their window market for some reason.
Shuco, simonton, gorrell are all good choices. Beware they all offer different models. When shopping, be sure you are comparing similar lines.

Bill

#3 Post by Bill »

Simonton has a dealer locator on their web site. Go to www.simonton.com click on homeowner then dealer locator and enter your zip code.

Bill

billyd1

help in Philly

#4 Post by billyd1 »

Dynamic Supply in Warminster Pa. deals with Simonton windows. Ask for Gary and if you would, tell him Bill D. referred you to him. He is the owner and is very helpful. I don't know what part of the city you are in ( they are closest to N.E. but I'm sure they will deliver to you.

Wistar

#5 Post by Wistar »

I've heard of a company outside of Philly called J & M or MJ Windows. It manufactures a nice inexpensive window, but its mechanical. I thought for the amount of windows you are replacing, it might save you tons of money.

Windowman PA

Schuco Dealers Near You

#6 Post by Windowman PA »

:D schuco has a few dealers near you :) if you call 1-877-472-4826 they will get you in touch with Schuco rep who will help! GOOD LUCK: :lol: