question regarding purchasing schuco windows or gorell??

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
pjwinstalls

question regarding purchasing schuco windows or gorell??

#1 Post by pjwinstalls »

I am buidling a new house and we will be doing most of the work ourselves. Is it possible to purchase schuco or gorell windows without installation??

Thanks!

Philip in NY

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Most Schuco dealers would want to control the installation, so probably not for that window.
Gorell has a new construction window in both double and single hung models with an integral fin called Starview. It also has the same great range of glass options that their replacement windows have, including triple w/krypton.
The Starview double-hung model has a T-bar tilt pin design that makes installation by do-it-yourselfers much easier because the center of the window is tied together, which helps pre-shim the window and makes the window easier to install square. You can contact Gorell to find out how and where to get these.
http://gorell.com/pages/starview.htm

pjwinstalls

followup

#3 Post by pjwinstalls »

just so i am clear, so u are saying that these starview windows can be bought without installation?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

As a Gorell dealer, I'd be happy to help you secure them for your project. If you wish, E-mail me at window4u@insightbb.com and give me your location and contact info and I'll get you hooked up.