Is this info accurate?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
frankliemydear

Is this info accurate?

#1 Post by frankliemydear »

I went to a window store today that advertised they sell and install Marvin Integrity windows. We are considering Integrity windows. While the store sells Integrity windows, the salesman was more interested in showing us a triple pane vinyl window made by Uniframe. I live in the Sacramento area, so I don't know if triple pane windows are appropriate. I asked the salesman if the triple pane window is "standard" with Uniframe as all the other companies I've checked with sell a standard double pane window. The salesperson said that while Uniframe makes a dual pane window, the triple pane is standard. Does anyone on this board know if that's true? Is the "standard" Uniframe window triple pane?The main reason, the salesman said they like Uniframe is because they have a better guarantee than Integrity. I know the Integrity warranty isn't as good, but I've heard that vinyl doesn't hold up as well as the fiberglass/wood Integrity. Uniframe is a vinyl window. My suspicion is that it's a very expensive vinyl window, but I have not heard of the brand until today.

During the course of conversation, the salesman said they used to sell Anlin windows, but they stopped selling Anlin because the company (Anlin) is not doing well. Does anyone know if that's true? I do have one Anlin window in my house and we were originally going to stick with Anlin until we saw the Integrity windows. Is Anlin in trouble?

Thanks for any information.