Window Installers in CT

Share your experiences with others
Junai

Window Installers in CT

#1 Post by Junai »

Hello all,
I'm new to this forum and have loved reading your messages. I live in CT and am looking for a local window installer with a good reputation. They don't necessarily have to be the cheapest but should be fair priced and have quality work. I plan to have 12 ancient (1955 originals??) Aluminum slider windows replaced and one picture window as well. I'm looking to ensure that all the windows comply with the new Federal Rebate program for energy efficiency too.

Any guidence would be welcome. Thanks all,

Junai

Re: Window Installers in CT

#2 Post by Junai »

Well I decided to go with Sturdy Home Improvement, providing the OKNA StarMark 900s. Seems the best bang for the buck after I haggled a bit. I'll let you know how the installation goes. I also looked at Softlight, People's Product HD40, and the Home Depot and Lowes specials.

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Keep us updated and let us know how it turns out.

mjhowe

#4 Post by mjhowe »

2 years ago my husband and I replaced windows in our CT. home. We hired Prime windows in Cromwell to do the job. Our old windows were original to the house circa 1960. We replaced them with vinyl windows and we are sooo pleased. Prime windows gave us a great product and the service was prompt, professional, and a good value. This is a family owned business and the company does not contract out work. Call the office and you can even speak to the owner. They promise that the work will be done the right way and quickly. The improvement to our home was very visible and the heating costs and comfort are much better.

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

What brand and line of windows did you get from Prime Windows?

Junai

#6 Post by Junai »

Well I got my 12 windows replaced and I have to say Sturdy did a really good job. I got replacement windows with grids. They are awesome. I can't even feel the cold anymore on the worst nights through the windows. They did all 12 and were done by 5PM-ish and did a good job cleaning up behind them. The exterior capping was included and looks great. My only concern was the internal wood trim. When they installed the windows they couldn't entirely remove the old aluminum windows as they were built into the frame of the house (crappy 1950's single pane trailer windows). The new windows were installed directly into the old frames. 1" wood trim was used to covere the seems after the insulation was installed followed by caulking. So now my old frame trim looks strange with this 1" inner wood trim. I'll probly fill the remaining seams in with silicone caulking and then paint the wood white to match the existing trim instead of moving the old trim to cover it or buying new.