Marvin Integrity or Simonton for new construction??

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
27tcup

Marvin Integrity or Simonton for new construction??

#1 Post by 27tcup »

Need good advice rather quickly!

We are building our own home and were planning to use Marvin Integrity windows (Ultrex exterior w/wood interior). We have about 43 windows and 3 french doors. Marvin price quote is around $18,000 for all.

The budget is getting tight. My husband just spoke to a representative who recommended using Simonton builder or contractor windows. I am very hesitant about switching at this point. We know absolutely nothing about Simonton windows. I like the idea of saving some money but don't want to be sorry down the road.

My main concern is the product quality - air infiltration, ease of opening/closing. Secondly, I don't want a product that looks cheap.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Will we be extremely disappointed if we go with Simonton? We haven't received the Simonton quote back yet, so we're not sure of the savings at this point.

Framing is scheduled to begin on Monday, Jan 31st so we have to make a decision rather quickly. We live on the east coast near the Maryland/Pennsylvania line so we need a pretty decent window to get throught the winters.

Thanks for your help!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The decision on whether the Simonton's look cheap is going to be a personal one depending on your tastes and wants. I'd go take a good look at them in the warehouse at the supply house to see if you would like them. Energy efficiency and air infiltration would not be something to worry about compared to the Marvins. Just make sure to pick the best glass package available when they order them.