Window help in the La Crosse WI area

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Fropa

Window help in the La Crosse WI area

#1 Post by Fropa »

Hello

I had most of the windows in my house replaced in 2004 with Schuco sliders and like them so far. Schuco and the contractor that installed them are gone so I need to start my search again. I have 2 more windows to replace, a 10'1"W X 4'3"H living room and a 3' X 3' garage. I may also replace my entry door and 2 sliding patio doors. I've talked to The Board Store in La Crosse and will be getting a quote from them. They carry ProVia doors which get good reviews here. Are their patio doors also good? They carry Heartland and Alside windows which I've seen described as mid-grade windows on this site.

Has anyone here had any good or bad experiences with The Board Store? Any recommended window/door companies in this area of Wisconsin that may carry a better quality window and have good installers?

I would also like to know what a reasonable price would be for a double hung window for the garage and I'm thinking a picture window with small double hungs on the sides for the large livingroom window?

Thanks for the help.