Advanced Window Corp Chicago

Share your experiences with others
tj muster

Advanced Window Corp Chicago

#1 Post by tj muster »

Anyone have experience with this manufacturer? Coments on quality?

advancedwindow.biz/index.html

In particular, could not tell from their web page if they are Energy Star compliant...and these days any little tax break I can get.

I want full replacement windows / frames / exterior trim...to be followed up with siding at a later date (spring). Any suggestions on how to best approach and make sure that windows installed today don't have to be reworked come time to install siding.

Thanks in advance for any help!

sherwin

Re: Advanced Window Corp Chicago

#2 Post by sherwin »

I too am interested in the Advanced Window Company.

Did you ever have them install your windows, or do you
have any experiences dealing with them?

Sherwin

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

You've dug up a post from 2006. I seriously doubt the homeowner is still visiting this board.

Are you in the Chicago area? Tell us about your project.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

They are a factory that makes lower grade windows for contractors, mostly in Chicago. I wouldn't sell them personally. The exception is their Rehau european tilt n turn windows which are very good.

Windows on Washington

#5 Post by Windows on Washington »

Window4U (IL) wrote:They are a factory that makes lower grade windows for contractors, mostly in Chicago. I wouldn't sell them personally. The exception is their Rehau european tilt n turn windows which are very good.
+1. I have had very good success with them.

If you are in Chicago, you need to click on Window4U and get in touch with him.

sherwin

#6 Post by sherwin »

I am going to visit their showroom Saturday. How can I identify if these are low
grade windows from just a visual inspection?

Skydawggy.

#7 Post by Skydawggy. »

sherwin wrote:I am going to visit their showroom Saturday. How can I identify if these are low

Unlock the window and try to move the sash from side to side. How much space is there between the sash and frame? Lock the window and then lift up and down. Does it feel tight or is there movement. Look at the corners, are the welds pretty clean or do they look sloppy? Ask to see a cutaway sample of the window, how many "honeycomb" chambers are there? The more the better. Find a place you can push on the vinyl such as the stiles. does the vinyl feel rigid or soes it seem flimsy?

Ask what the Design Pressure rating is and also what the Air Infiltration and Water Penetration rating is. Also ask what the U factor and Solar Heat Gain is. Who did the testing? Was it the manufacturer or NFRC for the U factor and SHGC and AAMA for the structural rating?

Open and close the window and tilt the sashes in a few times. Does the operation seem smooth? Rock the sash from side to side when the window is halfway open. How much play is there?

Ask to see a better grade of window and ask what the better grade has that the one you are looking at doesn't have. What is different about the two?

These are some of the questions and "feel tests" I'd be performing.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#8 Post by Window4U (IL) »

sherwin wrote:I am going to visit their showroom Saturday. How can I identify if these are low
If you are just looking to install a picture window then don't spend too much time. It's hard to screw up a PW.