LoE windows

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
rbshorter

LoE windows

#1 Post by rbshorter »

I have a contractor installing windows on my lanai. The windows were supposed to be lowE grey tinted. I have sliding windows and fixed windows. The fixed "CARDINAL" brand name windows have a grey tint and allow very little heat from the sun to penatrate and they have a logo which encludes "LoE2" stamped in the corner.

The sliding windows and the sliding glass door have very little tint (if any) and allow much more heat into the lanai. The brand on the sliders is "OLDCASTLE" and I can not find "LoE2 any where on them. I did find a number that ended in ......4UA. Is .....4UA another designation for LoE? Does "OLDCASTLE" have some other designation for LoE?

I haved called my contractor and am waiting for his reurn call, and am trying to find information before he returns my call.

Thanks

TheWindowNerd

Re: LoE windows

#2 Post by TheWindowNerd »

It seems obvious that the glazing is different. What does your contract say about the mfg and glazing?

Skydawggy.

#3 Post by Skydawggy. »

It's curious that the contractor ordered LoE-2 instead of LoE-366 if the goal was to lower the SHG.

toddinmn

#4 Post by toddinmn »

The Low-e is usually easier to spot from the exterior side.It would not be uncommon for the glass to look different if you are mixing different brands of windows and glass.It would be best to talk to your contractor 1st,unless you are starting to have doubt in them.

TheWindowNerd

#5 Post by TheWindowNerd »

Whether you are having doubts or not you need to talk to them and look at your contract.