Soft-Lite, Jeld-Wen, and Marvin Infinity in KY

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mstap42

Soft-Lite, Jeld-Wen, and Marvin Infinity in KY

#1 Post by mstap42 »

Last year, I received here much valuable information and helpful answers to my questions about my own window purchase. Now, I am writing for a friend who is shopping windows and installers in central Kentucky.

My friends contacted the dealer I used. They have their own in-house installer crew. The rep recommended and quoted Marvin Infinity, Soft-Lite Imperial LS, and Jeld-Wen Bravo.

The home has wood-frame Andersen windows, a mix of picture-window-above-awning window (kind of a "wall of windows" effect) and some double-hungs.

When I did my research here a year ago, Soft-Lite was among the handful of vinyl window manufacturers that are consistently mentioned for quality. Jeld-Wen was not, at least back then. (The dealer/installer providing this quote does not carry Simonton, but it is available at local distributors. When I was shopping, I did not find an independent installer that inspired confidence.)

What comments can you make comparing and contrasting the Soft-Lite Imperial LS vs the Jeld-Wen Bravo?

Thanks!