Champion vs Feldco vs Stanek vs Wasco vs ?

Share your experiences with others
HomeSealed

Re: Champion vs Feldco vs Stanek vs Wasco vs ?

#16 Post by HomeSealed »

You sure can. Allied building products in West Allis sells PlyGem and Softlite, Richards building supply in West Allis sells Softlite and Gorell. If you call Allied, ask for Mark and tell him that Brandon sent you. :wink:

paymaster

#17 Post by paymaster »

I am also looking at Stanek Windows. I live in Racine WI. The price I was quoted is for their System 9 which is their Dual Pane with Heat Mirror film in the middle. One person their said they considered it triple pane, another one said it wasn't because there aren't 3 panes of glass. Anyway, for five double hungs, two 2 lite casements and one 3 lite casement they are quoting $9250. This includes woodgrain color for the interior, white wrapping for the exterior, wrapping an existing bow window and small garage window as well as replacing some rotted wood on some of the existing frames. They seem to be very good windows and the efficiency ratings are very high but with some of the other numbers I have seen I am wondering if this is too much for what I am getting. Any ideas? Thanks.

HomeSealed

#18 Post by HomeSealed »

We really try not to comment on pricing, even though I did give some input earlier in this thread which is applicable to your situation. If you are asking whether the Stanek product is something special, the answer to that is no. I don't think it's half-bad, but it isn't anything special either IMHO.... For comparison purposes, look at the u-values and other performance #'s of that window and compare it price-wise to other products of similar performance. Don't get caught up in any sales gimmicks like heat-mirror.... The numbers don't lie! 8)

paymaster

#19 Post by paymaster »

Thanks for the input. The numbers are actually pretty good for the windows I am looking at. There are just slighly less than the Sunrise windows I looked at and they are a lot cheaper, even with the Sunrise's dealers "you'll never see this price again if I walk out the door price". Of course her supervisor called and said he could do better. The other ones I looked at were cheaper yet but weren't as good and/or the sales tactics seemd a bit shady. $500-$600 installed seems to be a very common price on the forums for good windows which is why I was questioning mine. I will try a couple more. Of course without a good installer, it doesn't much matter how good the window is. I bet a poor window installed well will do better than a good window installed poorly.

HomeSealed

#20 Post by HomeSealed »

I would say that you are exactly correct on all of your statements. :D