New Window

Share your experiences with others
windowman736

Re: New Window

#16 Post by windowman736 »

Well hello Deaware Mike. A Ton.... Over stating the complaint again. There are hundreds of IG units on the racks here waiting to be placed into profiles and I don't think you would find that condition that you have tons of. Yes, it could and probably did happen a % of time. I don't think that we accept it happening ever. The factory that you toured utilized state of the art fabrication equipment and name brand components from industry leaders.

renard

#17 Post by renard »

I am wondering why more major manufacturers haven't embraced the Sashlite technology like they did the PPG Intercept system?

Delaware Mike

#18 Post by Delaware Mike »

windowman, I simply found the same IG problems over and over again within the very short period that I dealt with the epoch series. Hopefully with new ownership and management these issues will be resolved. I put long term "state of the art" labor and service warranties on the products that I sell and install. I wish you success with your acquisition of your new plant.

windowbuilder

#19 Post by windowbuilder »

Interesting discussion, thought i'd jump in- as part of the Haddon Family. Glad to see the discussion on the window. We purchased the facilities of Accu-weld, which failed as a business. That was our only connection to AccuWeld, otherwise, we are a new company, new processes, new management team and a family run business (compared with the prior Arch America conglomerate). We focused on investing in equipment, people and innovation to bring our own approach to the industry. The transformation is not complete, but we are certainly far deep into it. We like the 6500 (sashlite) product line because of the design which eliminates a separate spacer - providing a much better look with the consistent color (in the eyes of many of our customers) and better thermal performance (the vinyl frame is a better combination thermally and structurally than either metal spacers or foam spacers).

The industry is very competitive with many different windows and one window does not fit all needs. We offer the sashlite style and also a traditional spacer style. Homes in Boston should have a different glazing solution than homes in Miami. If done properly, windows on the sunny side of a home should be different than those on the shady side. We attempt to offer a wide range of windows and glazing types.

Several of our competitors offer very good windows as well. If you don't recommend Haddon Windows, we hope you recommend windows from another family-owned PA business - helping support the local jobs that we are committed to.

If you haven't visited us in the last six months, come on by. We'd be happy to show our facilities and why we are vertically integrated (building our own vinyl and own IG) and give you a peek into the innovation we are planning. We have over a couple dozen patents filed and issued and we are excited about our pipeline. The first R5 dual-pane in the industry was just the start.

Thanks for your support...and please come by for a visit, we are interested in your feedback and perspectives. I am happy to answer any questions or provide you a first hand perspective on Haddon.

Cheers