Hurd v. JeldWen v. Sierra Pacific

Share your experiences with others
TomboyFarm

Hurd v. JeldWen v. Sierra Pacific

#1 Post by TomboyFarm »

Any thoughts on Hurd v. JeldWen v. Sierra Pacific for aluminum clad replacement casement windows? The quotes we got were similar, so we're just wondering about quality and haven't found any particularly helpful reviews. We live in southwest Colorado.

DC_Renovator

Re: Hurd v. JeldWen v. Sierra Pacific

#2 Post by DC_Renovator »

I can't speak to the aluminum clad Jeldwens, but I did a whole house complete renovation of an 1860 victorian in DC in 2009 and used Jeldwen's solid wood custom Jeldwens throughout. I've had nothing but problems from the start. Glass in three windows cracked (very tiny cracks near the locks) during my first winter with them installed (not as cold in DC as CO, but we did get 50" of snow in 5 days this past winter). I have no reason to believe it was anything other than temperature. I called my window rep and Jeldwen told me the glass was no longer under warranty. Not even warrantied through an entire winter. What a joke. Want to know how much Jeldwen says three replacement single sashes will be? just under $1000. Thanks Jeldwen. No such thing as standing behind their product. I spent over $20,000 with them and this is what I get. I won't buy Jeldwens for my next project because they don't stand behind their products. While I can't speak to to the aluminum clad product you're considering, I can speak to Jeldwen's poor customer service, and to me that extends over all products.

SuperiorW&D

Re: Hurd v. JeldWen v. Sierra Pacific

#3 Post by SuperiorW&D »

All three are inexpensive wood window choices....and you'll get what you pay for.

I would suggest upgrading to Marvin or another higher quality wood window. If you can't for budgetary reasons then I would go with Andersen over the brands you mentioned.