Ply Gem Premium vs Softlite Elements

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
paymaster

Ply Gem Premium vs Softlite Elements

#1 Post by paymaster »

Thanks to help from these forums I have narrowed my search down to the above window brands. Yes I know there are many other good ones but I have already talked to quite a few and I have to make my decision. I am looking at 5 double hungs, 3 casements(two 2 lites and one 3 lite) and a 5 lite bow window. The Softlite quote is about $2400 more than the Ply Gem with both having triple pane, argon, wood grain interior etc. After looking at both and doing as much research as I can it seems the Softlite is probably the better window, and the efficiency numbers are higher. The question is are they $2400 better. I know everyone has a bias based on what they are familiar with and of course towards what they sell, but as objectively as possible if it was your house, assuming the quality of the installation is the same for both would you spend the extra money(both quotes are over $10,000 so it's not like the Softlites are double but it is still a big difference).

I don't have a problem spending the extra money if they are worth it and if fact already would have but the softlite salesperson rubs me the wrong way. The Ply Gem guy is quite a bit better. Thanks for your help.