seattle area replacement Vinyl windows brands?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
gingercatt

seattle area replacement Vinyl windows brands?

#1 Post by gingercatt »

I live in the Greater Seattle area and my 1962 split-level is in need of new windows. I am getting quotes from several companies and inquiring about installation. Many of the sales estimators seem to shy away from answering the installation questions. I have been strong-armed by one company trying to sell me EuroCraft windows. Don't plan to use them. And I have met with a couple of low-end dealers who don't really seem to understand my wants. My confusion is in deciding between a couple of local companies and the brands they carry. The options are Washington Energy Services house brand Signature Series (which is very pretty), Simonton Impressions from a small local company with a seemingly sincere and honest owner/estimator (although windows aren't his main focus), and Certainteed Bryn Mahr II from a big-name local window shop with a fancy showroom & solid reputation(also pretty). Pricing seems to be in the ballpark with all these options. I should mention that the installation team is the big deal for me as I am wanting one window reduced in size and another enlarged to accomodate a large bay window. All of these come with all the bells & whistles - double-strength glass, low-E, argon, super spacer, etc. There are a total of 8 windows: the bay, a sliding door, and 6 sliders. Any suggestions?

E-Z

#2 Post by E-Z »

While there are some salesman that know windows the ones that can answer specific installation questions are few.
However all companies specially large outfits have a "blue printer" that they send after you sign up to spec the job out. He is the one to drill with questions but you only see him after you sign up. Demand a walk through before you sign up with a blue printer so you can adress all concerns.
You are paying so it should be on your terms. If agreed then put those terms in writing and move forward with your project.

E-z
E-z
E-z Windows

JScott

Look in your own backyard

#3 Post by JScott »

Last year I visited your city. I enjoyed Seattle very much. When I was at the airport the large Mt. Rainier etched glass, the glass partitions at the space needle and many of the red trucks in your area simply had the "MM" logo on them. You have the largest window company in the west in your backyard, why not call them.

E-Z

#4 Post by E-Z »

It may look like an MM but is actually MW a.k.a Milgard
They are not a window installation company they are a window manufacturer. I don't think that's this posters original problem.

E-z
E-z
E-z Windows

JScott

MM

#5 Post by JScott »

MM = Milgard Manufacturing

MW is a totally different east costed based low end window manufacturer.