Odd standard sized sliders?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
RONNOCO67

Odd standard sized sliders?

#1 Post by RONNOCO67 »

I am replacing Windsor Pinnacle series sliders which have a rough in size of 4'-8" wide by 4'-7.25" tall. I checked Andersen & Marvin slider sizes and they seem to run in 1' increments (4'x4' or 5'x5'). I would like clad exteriors with wood interiors. My question is, should I bite the bullet & re frame the wall bigger or smaller or does someone know of a decent quality slider that would be available in standard sizes? How much higher do custom sizes run cost wise 50-100%?[/code][/b]

RC

#2 Post by RC »

I priced a marvin slider last summer, the stock size cost $522, the custom size (1/2 an inch smaller in width) was more than 1k.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Vinyl windows are the same price either way because they are custom fit for your home. (Exceptions to this would be stock windows on the shelf at a Home Center.)

RC

#4 Post by RC »

PS.......this is one of the reasons I went with Pella clad/wood casements from Lowe's. The 850 series (architecture series) can be ordered to the nearest 1/4" in size, no extra charges for a custom size.

JScott

Pinnacle

#5 Post by JScott »

We service many of the Tradition(-1989) and the Modular series(89-94/96?) Windsor products. The Pinnacle is their newest series which are probably only 4-6 years old. Windsor has stood behind their products for longer than the stated warranty. When I read your question I have to ask what concerns are you having to lead you to a conclusion to replace them. Another point is their is no standard size in the wood/clad products. We usually use Norco Teton series when we replace their casement products and Lincoln Gen IV for their double hungs due to sizing. When you need a custom sized product you usually take the next larger window size and add about $90 to it for a width or height change, $180 for both width and height(list costs). I suggest you contact Windsor initially, not the dealer, and explain your concern before proceeding with replacement on your own. Hope this helps.

RONNOCO67

Re: Pinnacle

#6 Post by RONNOCO67 »

[quote="JScott"]We service many of the Tradition(-1989) and the Modular series(89-94/96?) Windsor products. The Pinnacle is their newest series which are probably only 4-6 years old. Windsor has stood behind their products for longer than the stated warranty. When I read your question I have to ask what concerns are you having to lead you to a conclusion to replace them.
Thanks for your posts, The house is 3.5 years old and we asked the builder's window supplier to look at the windows. They were rude in speaking to my wife and stated that these windows aren't maintenance free and that we could not expect them to keep out ALL of the rain! our trouble is that the window tracks fill up with water during a rainstorm and leak down the walls and into the basement.
Last edited by RONNOCO67 on Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

RONNOCO67

#7 Post by RONNOCO67 »

RC wrote:PS.......this is one of the reasons I went with Pella clad/wood casements from Lowe's. The 850 series (architecture series) can be ordered to the nearest 1/4" in size, no extra charges for a custom size.
Thanks for the posts RC, I hadn't really considered casements before but if I can stay away from a huge drywall, siding, framing project I would be ahead of the game.
P.S. These are on the top floor, north side of a two story walkout do you have any trouble with wind when those windows are open?

RC

#8 Post by RC »

No problems with wind whatsoever. Really nice windows, I could not be happier. The optional retractable screens really sold me, you have to buy them from your local Pella store tho, Lowes does not carry them. I like having clear views and not having to store screens. The screens also stay perfectly clean!

http://www.pellaadm.com/PDFfiles/Window ... sement.pdf

JScott

#9 Post by JScott »

Windsor Windows- 1-800-218-6186

If there is any installation issue contact the state attorney general for your state asap as well as any local TV troubleshooter. Less than 4 years old- probably an installation issue.