Simonton, LBL or International? (sliders)

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
araujo

Simonton, LBL or International? (sliders)

#1 Post by araujo »

We just received a quote (with some sales pressure) for 7 windows, two cut-downs and a picture window with grids) from Bay City Windows for Simonton Impressions narrow for $3707. We'd heard good things about this series and I had the 'impression' we were getting a great deal on the 9400 or 9800, but I called the factory customer service and they said it was probably the 7300. There's nothing written on the initial quote/contract about insulation for the installation - although we discussed it. the rep said that they'd never use expanding foam insulate because it would void the warranty - Simonton CS disagrees. It also says in the contract that we have to do all the caulking ourselves - is that not part of the installation process?

We had really good meetings with a WindowMax rep offering LBL, and another local who does his own installation offering International. Sad but true - we are pinching pennies on a sow's ear home.

I'm worried that I won't get feedback in time to void the contract that we signed last night. My husband's argument was that no one else offered to rush the job order, and we need to be out of the country by the end of the month so that I can give a paper at a conference.

My gut is telling me that I should go with the person I felt most comfortable with and see if they can get the Simonton windows for us.