okna 500 or sunrise verde

Share your experiences with others
jaf024

okna 500 or sunrise verde

#1 Post by jaf024 »

Replacing all windows in my house. About 20 windows in all. Researching the Okna 500 series and Sunrise Verde Solar 12. They both seem very similar but not sure which one to get. Any suggestions?

Windows on Washington

Re: okna 500 or sunrise verde

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Both are good companies.

How were each of them quoted to you?

jaf024

#3 Post by jaf024 »

I got quoted $12500 for both. The Verde comes with slider windows for the 3 bedrooms instead of double hung. Not sure how that would look.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

good pricing for both and both are higher quality windows. it comes down to which one you think looks nicer.

jaf024

#5 Post by jaf024 »

Thanks for the help.

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

jaf024 wrote:I got quoted $12500 for both. The Verde comes with slider windows for the 3 bedrooms instead of double hung. Not sure how that would look.

In terms of how they were quoted, I was referring more specifically to glass package/window options? i.e. deluxe double pane vs. standard, grids, etc.

As a matter of design, I prefer double hungs over sliders because of their superior air infiltration performance and structure. Also, if someone is quoting you larger sliders in place of multiple double hungs (i.e. removing a post and putting one 2-Lite or 3-Lite slider where there were previously 2 or 3 double hungs), it should not be compared apples to apples. The double hung project is costing the contractor more money and will wind up given you the more air tight (assuming they are both skilled) and substantial installation.

Both are solid windows though as masterext mentioned.

Randy

#7 Post by Randy »

I agree with WoW. Keeping double hungs is preferable, if it doesn't conflict with egress requirements in a bedroom.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

Randy wrote:I agree with WoW. Keeping double hungs is preferable, if it doesn't conflict with egress requirements in a bedroom.
Whatever is there should be grandfathered into compliance.