Simonton 5500 Quote

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
JustNotSure

Simonton 5500 Quote

#1 Post by JustNotSure »

I have four fogged panes (single-hung, dual pane, argon-filled...well, not anymore), one jammed mechanism, and a 6-block x 4-block acrylic "glass block" window that need replacement. Since I was having a hard time getting anyone to replace the fogged panes for less than $250 each, and I knew I couldn't do the second-story block window myself, I looked into replacement windows. Hoped on replacing a set of three mulled, two double hung, and the block window. Got a quote of $3500 for the following Simonton 5500s.

1 - 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 Dual slider (slider, center fixed pane, slider) with grids, 107" x 59" (to replace three mulled windows)
2 - Double-hung 32"x 69" with grids
1 - Dual Slider, full screen, with grids, roughly 32"x48" (to replace the acrylic block)

The BBB likes this company and I get a good vibe on the product and installer, but I'm just hesitant on the price. I've read other reviews and I feel I'm paying a bit more than I should. I figured roughly $500-600 per window for the two big double-hungs, maybe $500 for the slider, and $1200-$1400 for the bug 'un, so I had hoped for about $2800. Any assurance would be greatly appreciated!