Which to choose Soft lite, Simonton, or Gorell

Share your experiences with others
turner463463

Which to choose Soft lite, Simonton, or Gorell

#1 Post by turner463463 »

I have been looking to replace some windows and these are the three that are available to me. Any advice which one to choose?

Windows on Washington

Re: Which to choose Soft lite, Simonton, or Gorell

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

There are quite a few models inside of each of those lines. You need to narrow it down a bit to make a real comparison.

turner463463

#3 Post by turner463463 »

I was looking at the Soft-lite LS, Simonton 9800 and the Gorell 5300. I was looking at getting triple pane, low E, Super spacers, and Argon Gas.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

I personally prefer the LS of that group but they are all very good.

The differentiators in this case (all premium windows) will be on the installation end of things.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

I'm partial to the Gorell, but I agree with WOW, you really won't go wrong any of the 3 ways. They are all high-end, high-quality products. I'd also echo his sentiments that looking at the installation/install company is probably how you should proceed in making a decision, and will play a large role in how happy you are with the overall experience and finished product.

turner463463

#6 Post by turner463463 »

Thanks guys for the insight. I have been so many forms and been to so many different web sites....What I thought was going to be a easy journey became a very difficult process. I never heard of any of the above windows. I only knew of Pella, Anderson, Gilkey, and Champion. Glad I did some research and asked the right people. Thanks again.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

No prob. All three (Softlite, Gorell, Simonton) are heads and shoulders above the other choices that you mentioned.

mtn-high

#8 Post by mtn-high »

Hi folks.

We're in the market for windows ourselves. Our home is 20 years old and is in the Colorado rockies @ 7200ft. When we built the house we were young and very poor...and because we didn't (yet) know much about "windows"....our contractor put in crappy metal clad replacement windows from the get-go...most of which are sliders that never worked/sealed very well from day one. Within the first few years the "seals" (if there were any) failed and we started seeing fog in btween the glass....and sometimes moisture droplets.... and from there a few of the windows have become cloudy over the years. The windows have definitely been a weak link in the chain in our home...so this year when we re-fi'ed we decided we should replace them with something (we hope) that is better.

We started the search last Fall and actually had Renewal by Anderson replace 2 sliders in our master bedroom. So far we are happy with them but we felt they >were< expensive and we are looking at other options at present.

The first option will be Gorell. I have only found a few complaints on these windows and it seems like qwuite a few folks who have knowledge speak highly of them above many others. Not the top of the line.... but a good window (?)

I made a call today and someone is going to come out and give us the speel. for any of you who have been through this...any advice here? I HATE high pressure sales...so the guy will find that out upfront.

Guidance?

Thanks in advance. Be well

mtn-high

Randy

#9 Post by Randy »

You won't find many complaints on Gorell windows. They're a well made window and the company has a stellar reputation for service. I'm not a dealer, so I can't offer much assistance in navigating through the multiple lines they offer, but thought I'd reassure you on the quality of the products.

mtn-high

#10 Post by mtn-high »

Many Thanks, Randy. I've done a lot of searching and reading of user comments....and besides the small percentage of folks who seemingly >must< have something to nit-pick at, the reviews have been positive.

mtn