Anderson 100 Series or Milgard Tuscany

Share your experiences with others
garn

Anderson 100 Series or Milgard Tuscany

#1 Post by garn »

I have narrowed it down to these two windows. Which one is better. Our budget is 6500. We can get the entire house done for 6500 in the Milgard and all but two windows done for 6500 in the Anderson. Anderson comes with a two year labor warranty and 20 year window warranty. Milgard comes with a lifetime labor and window warranty. Both companies that we have bids from have been in business for 20 years, and have good reps with BBB. We are leaning Milgard just because we can do the whole house (2 more windows) . Which is the better window?

Integra

Re: Anderson 100 Series or Milgard Tuscany

#2 Post by Integra »

It's my understanding that the Andersen 100s come in a limited number of sizes - no customs - and that they're single hungs. This is a new product and I'm going on a brief intro. Correct me if I'm wrong.

garn

#3 Post by garn »

per the sales rep they can customer fit.

Skydawggy.

#4 Post by Skydawggy. »

Custom fit doesn't necessarily mean custom made. I'd ask for clarification.

Integra

#5 Post by Integra »

I was going to check, but my version of Andersen's IQ 10.0 doesn't even have the 100 line loaded yet. I have very little info on these so far. I'm anxious to see how this thread develops.

garn

#6 Post by garn »

ok will do. What about the Milgard? are they good windows?

Integra

#7 Post by Integra »

Okay. I got the scoop from my Andersen rep today. The new A series is available to be made on every quarter (or did he say 1/8th?) inch. It will be priced approx. 5% more than the 400 series. One of the benefits of it is that all of the models within the A series will share a common 4-9/16" jamb unlike the windows in their other lines. It will have a fiberglass master frame with a Fibrex sash. It will come in something like 11 or 13 colors with a number of pre-finished interior colors available. It is not currently available in the entire US at the moment, although some reps are able to get access to them for certain jobs - with approval.

It sounds pretty exciting to me. I'm anxious to see it.

sjacobso76

#8 Post by sjacobso76 »

I sell a lot of the milgard and can say they are a good window and a good company. Though we are a small company, I see the outside sales rep weekly, and warranty issues are dealt with immediately. And with that Tuscany, you can throw a rock through the window and they'll come change out the glass for you. Not many that will do that for ya!

BULLDOG

#9 Post by BULLDOG »

Andersen 100 series are not available in all regions of the country, yet. They cannot make enough of them to meet demand, yet.

SuperiorW&D

#10 Post by SuperiorW&D »

The A Series and 100 Series are 2 different animals.

The 100 series IS custom sizable.