Better value? Soft-Lite Bainbridge or Simonton 5050

Share your experiences with others
Ashburn Homeowner

Better value? Soft-Lite Bainbridge or Simonton 5050

#1 Post by Ashburn Homeowner »

I am down to the final two quotes. What's the better value in Northern VA for same 25 windows?

1. Sales company A recommending Soft-Lite Bainbridge, installed (?) by Soft-Lite: $16.5K & 4 weeks
2. Good reputation general contractor B specializing in 20+ years of window installations (siding, home improvements, etc), recommending Simonton 5050: $14K & 1.5 weeks

Both seem to be good quality products with Warrantees, high efficiency Argon-filled, half-screens, stainless steel balancers, grids, quality installation materials, etc. Is there something I'm missing?!?!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Better value? Soft-Lite Bainbridge or Simonton 5050

#2 Post by masterext »

The soft lite is. That said, there is a respected pro on this board who happens to serve your area..search the board for " windows on Washington" and click the quote button. He is not only a true professional but also carries a wide variety of quality brands. I would contact him before you make a decision.

Randy

Re: Better value? Soft-Lite Bainbridge or Simonton 5050

#3 Post by Randy »

I agree 100% with materext. Soft-lite is the better window, and WoW is the best contractor in Northern Virginia for windows and home efficiency work.

The only thing you may be missing is installation quality. This is where talking to Windows on Washington would be of great value. Let him show you how he installs windows, and compare it to what you've heard from the first two contractors. I think you'll find his approach to be significantly more detailed and professional.