Renewal by Anderson

Share your experiences with others
hairyhouse

Renewal by Anderson

#1 Post by hairyhouse »

Hey All! I'm new to this forum but I'm really considering replacing my windows in the Spring. I'm looking for some low maintenance and energy efficient windows. I live in Utah window replacement is a must for old homes here because of the cold climate. I've heard really great things about Renewal by Anderson windows and was wondering if anyone has had any expirience with them? Would love to hear some feedback before I shell out the dough!
Last edited by hairyhouse on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windows on Washington

Re: Renewal by Anderson

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

What do you need from your windows? That will largely dictate what you should choose. If you need a wood window, you can get a wood window that will likely out perform the RBA for less money.

The RBA is a mildly attractive window with just average performance numbers and warranty.

It is pretty though but usually not worth what is charged for it.

hairyhouse

#3 Post by hairyhouse »

Thanks for the advice!

texas girl

#4 Post by texas girl »

A salesman from Renewal by Andersen just left our house. They only offer a window that is made specifically for them - can't buy it anywhere else. We looked at double-hung windows for our bedrooms. He spent a good hour going over the features and showed us a model window. We were happy with all the features and engineering of the window. However, when we got to price, we about fell off the sofa. On the Andersen website, we priced the 100 series for our typical window - 30 inches by 60. The 100 series (Fibrex) on the website was just under $300. The Renewal by Andersen window is also Fibrex, but has more features or added quality items and warranty. However, the price was $1150. The Dallas franchise is offering no installation and another discount if you buy 3 or more windows. The best price he could give us was approximately $950. If I can get a replacement window from Andersen that is similar for 300, I don't understand what the extra 650 is for. The salesman had a chart that told you what the difference was between the 100 and 400 series from Andersen and the Renewal by Andersen product. Although there are more and quality features in the Renewal by Andersen, I can't justifiy the cost difference they are charging here. Maybe different in other areas. If money were no issue, I'd buy the Renewal by Andersen. So until I hit the lottery, I'll keep looking.

Randy

#5 Post by Randy »

RBA is the most over-priced & over-hyped window in the industry. To start with, it is made with vinyl and wood flour that is reclaimed from their wood window production. They like to trash vinyl windows, but don't tell people the truth about their own product.

While the RBA is a good looking window, there are much better performers for a lot less money. If you are looking for something other than vinyl, fiberglass is a better option than RBA.