anyone in middle tn?

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
wstaple

anyone in middle tn?

#1 Post by wstaple »

My main concerns with replacement windows are: company reputation/stability, warranty, quality of product, and price. We've got a total of 28 windows to replace - 20 DH, 2 half-circles, 1 picture, and 5 transomes. Here's where I'm at in the process:

I've looked at three companies so far - American Home Design, Clinard and Champion. AHD uses a sliding scale on prices, based on when you buy them (immediate = 15% discount, within 10 days of presentation = 10% discount, etc.), and that's been a turn-off so far. Clinard's price is best, the rep is the most believable, and the window looked great in the demo, but not in the houses they've done recently. The Champion window looks the best (closest to real wood), and the price is in the middle, but I'm not sure about the all-vinyl window without the internal steel reinforcement. We've got several big windows, and it seems that the steel reinforcement will be essential to them lasting a long time. We're considering having Home Depot and/or Lowe's give us a quote, but we're not big on the fact that they use contractors who may or may not be in business next year.

Anyone in Middle Tennessee have a suggestion on a company?