Jeld-Wen (Caradco Series) Windows. Are they any good? DH.

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mgiannet4599

Jeld-Wen (Caradco Series) Windows. Are they any good? DH.

#1 Post by mgiannet4599 »

I am looking to replace the windows in my house with this brand of windows. Has enyone heard good or bad about them. Also what about Crestline?

oldguy68

Caradco Windows

#2 Post by oldguy68 »

I had Caradco Sliders with low-e glass. After one year, torn them out and put them in the trash. I live in Omaha Ne had ice on the inside of the windows.

Newwindow55

earwax

#3 Post by earwax »

I have had experience with Caradco for a while now. I have had good luck with them. I have had service with them, and 99% of the time am satisfied with the companies response.

oldguy68, you sepent thousands of dollars on windows alone, installed them, and after one year, tore them out and installed new windows? Sounds odd. Why did you not call a rep out to look at the problem and get it resoved, what ever the case? Seems that would have been a more logical solution to your problem.

oldguy68

#4 Post by oldguy68 »

earwax, when I talked to Jeld-Wen--the first thing out of their mouth was, must be to much moisture in your house. They would not even send a rep out until I ran a moisture test with their Data loggers for one month.
The test came back ( upon review of the information provided by the data loggers , they have concluded that the indoor environment is not a contributing factor). This took three months from the first call.
Then they wanted to send a rep, I said, my time is worth just as much as yours. They send me a check for the windows. I bought my new windows at contractors prices and I saved thousands of dollars. Will never do bussiness with them again or have a wood window.

earwax

#5 Post by earwax »

oldguy68,

Sounds like there was something up with the windows, but it also sounds like they did not put up much of a fight to pay you out for the windows. I wish all manufacturers were that honest aobut problems with dissatisfied customers. What windows did you buy?

I have Caradco Frech doors in my house for the record and am extremely happy with them. Just goes to show how one persons experience can be totally opposite of anothers.