Vytex/Dove 6000/Simonton

Share your experiences with others
tmm09

Vytex/Dove 6000/Simonton

#1 Post by tmm09 »

I'm still on my search for windows.

Per my previous post, I do have someone coming to give me an estimate on Sunrise windows tomorrow. I also called the contractor who gave me a quote on Alside Excalibur to discuss other options. He uses the Alside Excalibur because of the value for what I'd pay. He knows I don't want to pay an arm and a leg...

So, he's used Vytex Heritage and highly recommends that as an alternative. He also suggested the Simonton 550 series. He has experience with Dove 6000, but it is not his recommended choice.

I didn't find info on Vytex on this board, so I was hoping someone would have some feedback on those. Simonton's seem to have a good rep here, am I right?

Thanks again for your help. Unfortunately, I haven't had the best luck with other home projects, so I'm trying to do a lot of research on this one!

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

Re: Vytex/Dove 6000/Simonton

#2 Post by masterext »

I'm concerned with the alside contractor and why he is offering such low quality windows.
sunrise is a very good window though. vytex does make a nice window called "Fortis". i would stay away from the heritage. again that particular contractor is pushing a low level window. personally, i would never insult one of my customers by offering poorly designed windows with a cheap price tag . these low quality contractors are probably why you havent had much luck with other home improvement projects..
i am a NJ contractor and had the pleasure of meeting a very reputable guy in the Maryland/DC area who is a pro that frequents this board; " windows on washington". just in case you are in his area, i would strongly recommend you contacting him by doing a board search of his name and clicking the contact button. the fact that you mentioned vytex made me think you may be in that area. i would look into HiMark windows as well.

Windows on Washington

Re: Vytex/Dove 6000/Simonton

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1

A contractor suggesting the windows he did as "value" options does not make me feel warm and fuzzy.

Of that group listed, the Simonton 5500 is the cream of the crop.