Majestic Windows

Share your experiences with others
nest_joseph

Majestic Windows

#1 Post by nest_joseph »

I joined this board today because we are planning to have windows replaced in our 100 year old home. I have been reading many of the reviews posted and probably have more questions now than before. We've had two estimates so far. Home Depot came early this week and last night we have a company show us the Majestic Window. From what we were told, Home Depot is selling the Siminton Window while the Majestic is made by a company in New York.
We had Home Depot come mostly because we assumed this would be the lowest price we saw and would give us a starting point. Surprisingly, that was not the case. So while the windows sold on the shelf in Home Depot are under considerably under $200 each (without labor), the product they sell as their installed product is more of an upper end, at least in price.
Any thoughts?
We are located just outside Gaithersburg.

HomeSealed

Re: Majestic Windows

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

I don't have experience with the Majestic product, so I'll reserve comment. Simonton is a fine mid-grade option, know for great customer service. I generally recommend against box-store installs however, as they pay their installers less than most others, and you can draw your own conclusions as to how that would affect quality.
The one thing that I would strongly recommend would be to contact Windows on Washington if he serves your area. He sells a few top tier product choices and runs an honest operation. Great company to do business with. He is a prolific poster here, so it won't take long to track down a few of his posts to get a feel for the type of outfit that you are dealing with. :D

Randy

#3 Post by Randy »

I second the recommendation for Windows on Washington. There's no one better in that area of the country - great products and superior installation methods.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#4 Post by masterext »

same here, contact eric ( windows on washington)..
with home depot, the windows they sell on the floor for 200 are not windows you would ever want in your own home. they not only look cheap but they are of the lowest quality. The “Majestic series” is an exclusive window made by Ideal, its very solid. That window is usually $575-600 per window from what i have seen. Its a very good looking window and a lot of pro’s really like that window. Its much different than the regular windows by Ideal. Its a very solid offering.