Thanks from owner of OKNA 800 Enviro-Star & 8800 Elegante

Share your experiences with others
Windows4Me

Thanks from owner of OKNA 800 Enviro-Star & 8800 Elegante

#1 Post by Windows4Me »

Hi All - Just wanted to send a big "Thanks" to Window4U and to all of the Professionals and consumers on this board for your generous advise - this forum is fabulous!

My story - I live in the Chicago suburbs and currently have single pane wood windows with storm windows that need to "go" for many reasons! I also have 2 patio doors that have some wood rot. This led me on my hunt last Summer for new ones. After much research & quotes, and through the great advise from all you "smart" people, I finally took the plunge about 10 days ago.

My window brand of choice was OKNA/HiMark:

OKNA/HiMark 800 (Enviro-Star) - Total: 12 DH's; Deluxe Pkg (Dual glazed/11-layer, low-e argon, locking 1/2 screens, foam-filled extrusions, Heatseal spacer). A plus for me on these were the slim profile, metal handles, and how they are designed to look more like real wood.

OKNA/HiMark 8800 (Elegante) - Total 2 (~ 6 foot); Deluxe Pkg (Dual Glazed Low-e argon, 4-point lock, foot bolt)

My Distributor/Installation Company of choice was Strong Windows, owned by Window4U (Dave). My reasoning for giving him a chance at a quote was due to what I've read on these & other forums. The reason I chose him to do business with was his knowledge, patience, and professionalism. As many have stated, he knows his stuff and was willing to share it with me & answer any questions I had. After dealing with many people that were into the "car salesman" approach (yuck!), Dave has been an absolutely pleasure to work with!

My windows are expected to be in sometime in August, so I'll keep you posted.

Thank you again everyone! Keep up the great work!

- Windows4Me

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Thanks from owner of OKNA 800 Enviro-Star & 8800 Elegante

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Thanks for the post-up! I appreciate it and am thankful for great customers like you.