Replacement Sliding Screen Door

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Juliaann2

Replacement Sliding Screen Door

#1 Post by Juliaann2 »

I'm looking for any help I can get. I purchased a Ryland Home built in Zionsville, IN. I am having a terrible time finding a replacement screen door for my sliding door. The home was originally built in 2004 and I am certain the original owners never replaced the screen door. I have tried finding replacements at Lowes, Home Depot etc with no luck. Apparently this is a problem many of my neighbors are also experiencing. The paperwork I found lists the provider as Carefree Windows out of Charlotte MI. I've searched the internet and it appears this company is no longer in business. I would appreciate any help I can get as my sliding screen door is literally falling apart!
Thanks,
Julia

Windows on Washington

Re: Replacement Sliding Screen Door

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Are there any local glass companies? Most screen doors are not proprietary to the door in the sense that they are based on widely available extrusions. Perhaps someone could remake it for you to work with your door?

Guy

Re: Replacement Sliding Screen Door

#3 Post by Guy »

I know when we were installing for Ryland back in the day they were using Capitol Windows and Doors. At that time they had a National contract with them. I would search out Capitol. Good Luck!!!