Windows in Central NJ

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
mesagsxbkr

Windows in Central NJ

#1 Post by mesagsxbkr »

We are in the process of doing a lot of work to our home, a 70 year old cape. We plan on replacing 17 windows - 11 DH, 2 sliding windows, and 4 basement hoppers.

I have narrowed it down to three quotes so far (I have one more company coming next week). I am trying to stick to a smaller installer that has their own crews.

Here are the quotes I’ve gotten:

1) Local home improvement company, I believe they subcontract a lot of their work but they get rated well. They suggest Provia Endure, $11,950 if I buy this month during their 15 percent off sale
2) Local window store that has their own installers, Vytex Fortis, $12,950.
3) Local home improvement contractor, has their own installers, Vytex Potomac, 14,000. I asked about the Fortis line but he told me they are the cheapest windows Vytex makes and he doesn’t sell them. He then went on to say that they sell the Vytex Georgetown and it would be $1800 cheaper.

Any suggestions? I wanted to look at Okna, but I haven’t been able to find anyone who carries them in the area.
Last edited by mesagsxbkr on Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ricknez

Re: Windows in Central NJ

#2 Post by Ricknez »

What area (town ) in central new jersey? I think you have 19 windows?
I would not recommend the georgetown. Did you look into majestic series windows ? These are replacement I presume?

Windows on Washington

#3 Post by Windows on Washington »

Couple of contractors on here service NJ, depending on the part.

Definitely stay with the Fortis or Potomac level quality.

mesagsxbkr

#4 Post by mesagsxbkr »

We are in Somerset.

You are correct, I put 19 windows, but it’s 17. I double counted the sliders in the double hung.

Ricknez

#5 Post by Ricknez »

mesagsxbkr wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:20 pm We are in Somerset.

You are correct, I put 19 windows, but it’s 17. I double counted the sliders in the double hung.
That part of New Jersey is too far out of our area. We do venture into southern nj from time to time. Try the Agm Windows and Doors Company and see if they go to that area.

mesagsxbkr

#6 Post by mesagsxbkr »

I got a quote from a local installer that deals with Okna. $12,000 for the Okna 500, deluxe package. I'm thinking this is the way to go due to the price and the quality of the window. Any reason to go with the vytex?

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

mesagsxbkr wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:12 pm I got a quote from a local installer that deals with Okna. $12,000 for the Okna 500, deluxe package. I'm thinking this is the way to go due to the price and the quality of the window. Any reason to go with the vytex?
Nope. Sounds like an easy winner assuming it's a reputable company... The only reason to reconsider IMO is if that quote is not from Paul at AGM, great track record over there.

Windows on Washington

#8 Post by Windows on Washington »

+1.

Can't recommend anyone more strenuously in NJ than Paul and the AGM crew.

cinders

#9 Post by cinders »

I'm in South Jersey, Camden County. Does AGM service that area and how do I contact them? Should I make a new thread?

Windows on Washington

#10 Post by Windows on Washington »

cinders wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:42 pmI'm in South Jersey, Camden County. Does AGM service that area and how do I contact them? Should I make a new thread?
Give Mike a "ring". He services that section of NJ and is one of the longtime contributors to this forum and someone that I have trusted with my own work.

mikethewindowguy@yahoo.com