270 vs 360, both green?

Share your experiences with others
m1m2976

270 vs 360, both green?

#1 Post by m1m2976 »

I live in Houston and need to replace 22 windows, 4 sets of French doors and 2 single French doors. I really don’t love a lot of replacement windows these days as they all seem to have that very visible green tint to them. I understand the low e 366 glass has that look due to energy efficiency but I am leaning towards NT Presidential and understand NT still makes low e 270 which their rep told me is not as green as 366. I have white indoor plantation shutters so I really need the least green option. Can anyone attest to 270 being ‘clearer’ than 366? I know I will not save as much on energy efficiency but even talking to neighbors who have very dark windows and they tell me their bills haven’t dropped as much as they were told they would. Another sales rep came today pushing 240 Anlin windows which seemed crazy dark to me. We have lots of trees and a back and front porch so I feel like 270 would work. Any advice would be appreciated. Oh and we’re probably going with Provia French doors. Unless someone can recommend a better brand. Their doors are beautiful.

Windows on Washington

Re: 270 vs 360, both green?

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

The two coat Low-e (i.e. 272 or 270) does have less of a green hue to it.

Not sure how they "measure" that green hue, but maybe Oberon (Glass engineer) will chime in.

https://www.cardinalcorp.com/technology ... nce-stats/