WINDOW TERMS??1 1/4" Bevel,optional brick mould,interio

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
barb johnson

WINDOW TERMS??1 1/4" Bevel,optional brick mould,interio

#1 Post by barb johnson »

window terms???:1 1/4 bevel check none or yes
optional brick mould check none or yes
interior trim check none,2 1/4",3 1/4"

My new window dealer left me voice mail asking about these items. Can someone explain what these terms mean? I've left him a message but a
word from the experts would be helpful...THNX

RC

Re: WINDOW TERMS??1 1/4" Bevel,optional brick mould,int

#2 Post by RC »

barb johnson wrote:window terms???:1 1/4 bevel check none or yes
optional brick mould check none or yes
interior trim check none,2 1/4",3 1/4"

My new window dealer left me voice mail asking about these items. Can someone explain what these terms mean? I've left him a message but a
word from the experts would be helpful...THNX

A voice mail asking for checkmarks? Very odd.

barb johnson

#3 Post by barb johnson »

Thanks for checking out my post RC
OOPs sorry I was paraphrasing. The man said the form he was filling out (so that he could get my quote from the factory) asked if I wanted
1 1/4" bevel. Should he check none or yes?
I don't even know what a 1 1/4" bevel has to do with a french door.
The other question concerned brick mould. I don't know what that is either. As for as interior trim I'm just assuming (which is a bad thing to do:>) that it is the fancy moulding like whats around a picture frame.
Any way I figured someone out on the board could explain the terms.
The dealer and his wife are foreign born and very nice but its hard to understand them.

RC

#4 Post by RC »

barb johnson wrote:Thanks for checking out my post RC
OOPs sorry I was paraphrasing. The man said the form he was filling out (so that he could get my quote from the factory) asked if I wanted
1 1/4" bevel. Should he check none or yes?
I don't even know what a 1 1/4" bevel has to do with a french door.
The other question concerned brick mould. I don't know what that is either. As for as interior trim I'm just assuming (which is a bad thing to do:>) that it is the fancy moulding like whats around a picture frame.
Any way I figured someone out on the board could explain the terms.
The dealer and his wife are foreign born and very nice but its hard to understand them.
Whoa............
Whether it is windows or doors or anything else for your home......... I suggest you find someone you understand to order from!

barb johnson

#5 Post by barb johnson »

Yes I agree. This window choosing is difficult enough as it is without complicating it further with a language barrier.
Just for the heck of it I'd still like to know what those terms mean...I've searched the old board archives and found nothing.
Thanks for the reality ckeck advice though...

Calaveras_Kid

#6 Post by Calaveras_Kid »

Hi Barb,
I am not sure what the 1 1/4 bevel is about, but the brickmould is the outside trim on your door or window. The moulding is the fancy wood trim that is on the inside of the door. He just wants to know if you want to install trim on the outside, and the inside of the door. Lastly, he wants to know if you want trim that is 2 1/4 or 3 1/4 inches in width. If you are going to put out the money for a nice french door then you really should have brickmould and interior trim installed, a door just doesn't look right without it. I hope this has helped you out.

barb johnson

#7 Post by barb johnson »

Yes ,thank you so much! "Brickmould " could have meant did I want brick trim....which I don't...stucco is what I have and will have again after it is sandblasted and refinished.
You window folk have to know a lot of special oddball terms just as in any trade. I so appreciate this board.