Installation was not finished!

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
maybegr8

Installation was not finished!

#1 Post by maybegr8 »

Great work=---great workers! they did 19 windows in one day, unfortunately when the guy that came to measure each window in the basement, he said that he would measure EACH window because "as a profesional that I am, I know the spaces could be different and therefore each window gets measured." Well guess what Mr. Pro? One out of 4 were perfect änd the other 3 were 1/4"to 1/2" to short. Not only do these workers have to come back now and NOT get paid til the work is completed, for a company's mistake, but WHO IS GOING TO PAY ME FOR THIS TIME WASTED? Not WW because on the back of the contract
states, "Window World of DC, Inc. will re-order........but the customer is not entitiled to any refund or discount, nor will Window World of DC, Inc be responsible for any missed work days the howeowner may incur."
These guys got themselves covered but they missed one: "Pain and Suffering mixed with Anxiety and Frustration and lack of Customer Service"has a price!
I had a response to my last posting that says corporate will not get invovled----as if they don't care. I do not believe that and I am determined to find out! These guys do not know that they are dealing with a "Ralph Nader"copy cat monster!
Wait and see what happens if they don't pay these workers for the company's mistake! I may bitch but I am connected in a good way! I am not going to let them get away with that and I am going to ask for some compensaton for all this aggravation the company has given me.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

If they were too tall, I could understand reordering, but 1/4" to 1/2" short and they are going to reorder? That doesn't make any sense.
Why couldn't they have used a head expander, or even put a quarter inch shim under them, foam around them and just finish them off with some wood or metal trim?
Am I missing something? ...Because if I'm not missing something this sounds pretty silly.

Delaware Mike

#3 Post by Delaware Mike »

Perhaps you should file a $54 million dollar law suite like that judge that had his pants lost by that dry cleaner.

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

kinda finding this a little hard to believe too, especially on a mis-measure that can easily be fixed, especially in the basement. as far as maybegr8, please calm down yourblood pressure must be tru the roof, its a mistake, it was not done intentionally, you should be happy that they didnt put a window that doesnt fit the opening i remember back in the late 1980's i made a mistake and my customer was nice enough to forgive me, lighten up these things happen, enjoy your new windows from WW, remember it was YOUR decision to use WW.

Skydawggy.

#5 Post by Skydawggy. »

But the most important question is:

"Did you get a good price"? That's all that really mattered, right? The lowest price.

How much service do you expect from a company that only made about $50. per window?

Delaware Mike

#6 Post by Delaware Mike »

WW in my area seems to be doing quite well. I took the day off yesterday and took the family to the Jersey shore. I saw on a major hwy a nice new giantic WW billboard and a brand new WW work truck with all of the bells and whistles. Perhaps he is getting more like $450 - $500 a window????????????????

FenEx

#7 Post by FenEx »

You are a nut... and getting exactly what you paid for from a low-end outfit like WW.

You don't have a leg to stand on within those tolerances. Even the ones that were properly sized will perform in accordance with their value that you paid for. You buy crap... you get crap... and now you want Gold for the price of crap? Very silly.

maybegr8

In reply to those that don't "get it"

#8 Post by maybegr8 »

I paid $316 per window and I had to fight for that price---from the original invoice some other company offered $200 less and WW came back and gave me this price. Now should I not get what I paid for? This is not a cheap payment and because I am told that WW makes their own windows, I expect a perfect window, or am I wrong guys>

And to be upset, is because I have never spoken to the man in charge! After spending $6300 I would expect a phone call for the time that I have spent waiting on these peopleQ Granted it could be worse for others but what I was told did not happen. Now that the basement windows had big enough gaops for crtitters to come in, I am upset and they have not bothered to call. Am I wrong? Don't you get it? I am the customer, at least give me a phone call of apology and they can't even do that! I am gald that they don't have my check for the balance. Stay tuned! And by the way, my business is all about customer service and how to treat your customer. These guys got a bit to learn!

Wds83

Re: Installation was not finished!

#9 Post by Wds83 »

maybegr8 wrote: One out of 4 were perfect änd the other 3 were 1/4"to 1/2" to short. .
1/4 to 1/2 short is a perfect fitting replacement window. There is no reason to order new windows. Are you the one that told the installers that they were ordered wrong and didn't let them install them?

FenEx

#10 Post by FenEx »

At the $316 per window that you had to fight for... you purchased a $316 window with install. Meaning... you purchased a low-end pressured contract. This is one of the bottom-end products and dealer orgs out there.... and you should expect the same of the products, as well as their services. Quite frankly... you got what you paid for. You have no reason to be disgruntled... you received the value of the money you presented. By your fighting for dollars instead of quality, you elected the outcome and I sincerely doubt you would stand any chance of receiving any return of funds legally.

"Don't you get it? I am the customer."

Oh please... we are all customers. You cut the wrong corners and picked a poor product and a poor contractor because they gave you a low price. Learn from it and move on. You are not a victim.. you set the stage for the outcome.

maybegr8

Thanks for the replies

#11 Post by maybegr8 »

you guys read the paper this morning where the guy from Whole Foods had an alias e-mail and wouldsend e-mails complimenting his company and criticizing the others-----I feel here si the same thing with some of you, not all of you.
To say thsi you get what you pay for, and to say that a 1/4" and 1/2 space is normal and perfect and to say that i will not get these replaced---well you guys sound like you are owners for a window company and you want to make it seem like all this is normal.
It is not normal and they are replaciing my windows but cusotmer service is awful and so are you. Thank you to the others for your concercn and remarks.

Windows on Washington

Re: Thanks for the replies

#12 Post by Windows on Washington »

maybegr8 wrote:you guys read the paper this morning where the guy from Whole Foods had an alias e-mail and wouldsend e-mails complimenting his company and criticizing the others-----I feel here si the same thing with some of you, not all of you.
To say thsi you get what you pay for, and to say that a 1/4" and 1/2 space is normal and perfect and to say that i will not get these replaced---well you guys sound like you are owners for a window company and you want to make it seem like all this is normal.
It is not normal and they are replaciing my windows but cusotmer service is awful and so are you. Thank you to the others for your concercn and remarks.
Most of the guys/gals on this board are here to genuinely help and inform customers. Just FYI, 1/4 inch on the top lentil (1/8 on all 4 sides of the window) is completely normal and what is recommended to account for out of square openings. The window is not designed to be jammed snugly into and opening. It is supposed to be set in place, squared and leveled, then screwed into the jambs. There is a header/expander included with almost every window to account for this distance and allow for the correction of out of square openings.

TheTruth

#13 Post by TheTruth »

I had a customer last week that had lower sash seal faliures on 10, six year old windows from WW. I asked them why wern't they covered under warranty? They said, "WW told them that they were installed wrong, therefore the warranty was voided." I said, "But they are the ones who installed them." WW responded to the same question that the customer asked and said, "That wasn't our franchise, that was another one."

But I bet you got a good price didn't you?

uto

#14 Post by uto »

The above post by Windows on Washington should be required reading by customers who want to judge their installers. TIGHT IS NOT RIGHT WHEN INSTALLING VINYL WINDOWS. I too wonder if this customer would have been happy to see her windows crammed into out of square openings and fit tight as a glove. For once I am in agreement with FenEx. This woman is a nut case. But posted here it did keep some of us from dying from boredom on this forum.

maybegr8

One last important missed fact

#15 Post by maybegr8 »

The saalesman, Chester Robinson of Window World of DC, INC is really the one to blame here.

Chester (Robinson) told us that the windows would be measured the following week, and the guy did not come out until I complained three weeks later. Not only that, but Mr. Robisnson also told us that these Windows were custom made by Window World and they would be 1/8"MAXIMUM space, if any, between the Window and the wall. So all the windows fit perfectly except for those last three in the BASEMENT! Don't you guys understand that a squirrel, rat or snake could fit threw there from the outside? Oh yes, someone said why they couldn't put fillers of sort and they did on one window and it was a piece of wood that did not match the paint that was in the basement, and stuck out liek a sore thumb.
Folks, I got better things to do than to write here, but all I wanted was some attention, a response from the guy that owned this franchise, Greg Deathridge, but I could not get him to come to the phone to talk to me ----and I will be spending $6300 with his company.
He's there sitting, talking on a phone everytime I call! If I get any worse reaction from this company, I am going to put a blog on the internet and all this is copied ------- the blogs will be so bad that nobody will deal with Window World------