Okna 600 vs Alside Mezzo vs Interstate 6800

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Zgydc5

Okna 600 vs Alside Mezzo vs Interstate 6800

#1 Post by Zgydc5 »

Hi! I’m replacing some 30 year old aluminum windows with black vinyl ones. These are the quotes I’ve received for 9 windows.

- Okna Eco-Pro 600 for $10k
- Alside Mezzo for $9.5k
- Interstate 6800 for $9k

Which one has the thinnest frames? Let me know what your thoughts on which one I should go with for best use of my money.

Delaware Mike

Re: Okna 600 vs Alside Mezzo vs Interstate 6800

#2 Post by Delaware Mike »

The Mezzo is well below the engineering and quality control standards of that OKNA 600 series. There isn't one single thing about the Mezzo even close to anything OKNA offers. Mezzo has very thin walls thus it isn't a very strong frame window and utilizes an economy spacer to the glass. I've only performed one install with the Mezzo to match up a job that already had a contractor start with them. Homeowners didn't even like them but where getting ready to sell the house so the cheaper price and having all the windows match made sense to them. I do like Alside's siding and their pricing on building materials, I'm just not crazy about that series.

I install the 600 almost every week and that is a very nice well engineered, built, and received window. I'm to head out to the Interstate factory in 2-weeks to look at their composite window so I'll spy on their all vinyl window when there. One of my colleagues in New England tried it out years ago and didn't like it for whatever reason.

Ricknez

#3 Post by Ricknez »

I have to agree with the above response. The Okna 600 is far better than any alside product including mezzo. The Okna 600 is a top tier window.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Easiest question I will get today...Okna is the leader in the clubhouse.

Zgydc5

#5 Post by Zgydc5 »

Thanks for the replies! I went with Okna. Too bad the lead time is 16-20 weeks :/

Windows on Washington

#6 Post by Windows on Washington »

They should be quicker than that, unless their production calendar is so backed up.

HomeSealed

#7 Post by HomeSealed »

+1, can't get any easier than this in terms of choices.

On the lead time, as WOW alluded to there's probably a fair chance that you get a call sooner. The longer lead time is a good thing IMO, as 1) obviously there is a reason that they are busy, and 2) they are likely setting up an underpromise and overdeliver scenario. That's the opposite of what most in this industry will do and is a good position for all.