Provia or Great Lakes

Share your experiences with others
SCKeith803

Provia or Great Lakes

#1 Post by SCKeith803 »

Kinda stuck between Provia and Great Lakes…got bids on both from reputable companies. I just see way more negative reviews on the Great Lakes comfort smart windows than I do of any Provia windows. I have 13 windows. To be honest haven’t exactly gotten the price quote from the provia company yet hoping I can keep it under 13,000. The Great Lakes quote was 12,725

Windows on Washington

Re: Provia or Great Lakes

#2 Post by Windows on Washington »

Probably going to want to see the price comparative before tipping the scale in one direction or another. Where is the home located? Are these the two best window options in the pool?

SCKeith803

#3 Post by SCKeith803 »

I live in Bettendorf Iowa. Well since I made that post I made contact with a soft lite rep who is coming by Tuesday. I told him my situation and what my budget was and that I was interested in the soft lite imperial line and he made it seem like that should very much be within my budget. The soft lite rep here that I didn’t even realize we had evidently sales and installs the windows and evidently has an almost 5 star rating in satisfaction. Kind excited to talk with him

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

Sounds good. Keep us posted.

HomeSealed

#5 Post by HomeSealed »

You are on the right track. The SL Elite or Elements would both be superior to the other options that you have. You budget is realistic provided that you don't have a ton of options and upgrades chosen for the product/install.

SCKeith803

#6 Post by SCKeith803 »

Yeah my plan was to ask about the Elite window.

SCKeith803

#7 Post by SCKeith803 »

HomeSealed wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:35 pm You are on the right track. The SL Elite or Elements would both be superior to the other options that you have. You budget is realistic provided that you don't have a ton of options and upgrades chosen for the product/install.
Yeah soft lite just left my house 13 windows total went with the Imperial Elite. 6 double hungs, 6 sliders and 1 pic window. Quoted 12,380. Deff feel good about this one

SCKeith803

#8 Post by SCKeith803 »

Windows on Washington wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:56 am Probably going to want to see the price comparative before tipping the scale in one direction or another. Where is the home located? Are these the two best window options in the pool?
Yeah going with soft lite

Windows on Washington

#9 Post by Windows on Washington »

Solid choice.