Window Leaking Options

Ask replacement window questions & get answers!
Construction202

Window Leaking Options

#1 Post by Construction202 »

I have a deer blind that has windows that are leaking water. I believe the water is entering the windows in the small hole in the corner of the window displayed in the picture. Each window has this hole. What should I fill those holes with? Caulk, silicone, gap filler? Specific brands? It looks like it would need to adhere to the foam and metal. Whatever I use, would it be wise to lay a bead of the product around the entire window where the metal siding overlaps the foam?
Attachments
Blind 4.jpg
Blind 3.jpg
Blind 2.jpg
Blind 1.PNG
Blind 1.PNG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 974 times

HomeSealed

Re: Window Leaking Options

#2 Post by HomeSealed »

Any interior pics of where the water is entering? ... It would be unconventional to be at that location under the window, but obviously if that's where its showing up on the interior side it's certainly possible.

masterext
Location: Window Pro-Serves All of Northern New Jersey. Bergen, Morris, Union, Essex, Passaic, Sussex Counties

#3 Post by masterext »

Curious to see what renewal by andersen would quote a job like that. Wonder if they would want all hunters in the household to be present during their 3 hour presentation while they use a heat lamp on their new “ wilderness glass”.

Windows on Washington

#4 Post by Windows on Washington »

masterext wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 pm Curious to see what renewal by andersen would quote a job like that. Wonder if they would want all hunters in the household to be present during their 3 hour presentation while they use a heat lamp on their new “ wilderness glass”.

:lol: :lol: :lol: